Quick Tips on Crate Training
- Your dog can feel trapped, frustrated and will bark and whine. Shouting at him won't help.
- Don't use the crate for punishing him. The effect of training will get diluted.
- Don't use a crate when your dog is scared and fearful. This will make the dog consider the crate as an abusive tool and he will not enter it any longer.
- Don't keep the dog in the crate for too long time; human interaction is very important.
- Don't crate you puppy who is under 7 months of age for more than 3-4 time daily for 1-2 hours each time. Let your puppy urinate outside.
I found some good information about these wooden training tools at www.wooddogcrate.com